- 1 What is secretarial science course?
- 2 What is administrative assistant and secretarial science?
- 3 What is the major for administrative assistant?
- 4 What is the role of admin assistant?
- 5 What industry is secretary?
- 6 Does a secretary do?
- 7 Is secretary a good career?
- 8 What skills does a secretary need?
- 9 Can you be an administrative assistant without a degree?
- 10 Is being an administrative assistant a good job?
- 11 What qualifications do you need to be an administrative assistant?
What is secretarial science course?
Diploma in Secretarial Science is designed to develop the student’s ability to handle letters, reports and business documents. Secretarial Science programme equips students with the knowledge and abilities needed to assist in several administrative works in any organization or industry.
What is administrative assistant and secretarial science?
Title: Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General. Definition: A program that generally prepares individuals to perform the duties of administrative assistants and/or secretaries and stenographers.
What is the major for administrative assistant?
Description: A program that generally prepares individuals to perform the duties of administrative assistants and/or secretaries and stenographers.
What is the role of admin assistant?
Most administrative assistant duties revolve around managing and distributing information within an office. This generally includes answering phones, taking memos and maintaining files. Administrative assistants may also be in charge of sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients and customers.
What industry is secretary?
Secretaries and administrative assistants do routine clerical and organizational tasks. Although secretaries and administrative assistants work in nearly every industry, about half of all workers in the occupation are employed in healthcare; education; and professional, scientific, and technical services.
Does a secretary do?
The duties of a secretary vary by employer and industry, but they usually include answering phone calls, emailing correspondence, organizing meetings, taking meeting minutes and coordinating inter-office communications.
Is secretary a good career?
They handle a more authoritative position which provides opportunities and space for ideas and opinions. This job provides many perks and job satisfaction is one of them, CS gets a higher management position quite early in the career. So, they as well obtain recognition in a good working environment.
What skills does a secretary need?
Key skills for secretaries
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Teamworking skills.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
Can you be an administrative assistant without a degree?
Education & Training for an Administrative Assistant You can work as an administrative assistant without formal qualifications. You will probably get some informal training on the job. You can also become an administrative assistant through a traineeship in Business or Business Administration.
Is being an administrative assistant a good job?
Working as an administrative assistant is an excellent choice for people who’d prefer to enter the workforce rather than continue study after high school. The broad range of responsibilities and industry sectors employing administrative assistants ensure that this position can be an interesting and challenging one.
What qualifications do you need to be an administrative assistant?
Qualifications for Administrative Assistant
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2-3 years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands.