- 1 Which citrus fruit has the most vitamin C science fair project?
- 2 Which orange juice has the most vitamin C science fair project?
- 3 Which fruit has the most vitamin C per 100g?
- 4 Which fruit of tree is rich in vitamin C?
- 5 Which juice has most vitamin C?
- 6 How can I test my vitamin C at home?
- 7 Do oranges lose their vitamin C project?
- 8 Is vitamin C a weak acid?
- 9 How do you calculate vitamin C?
- 10 What type of vitamin C is best?
- 11 What fruit has more vitamin C than oranges?
- 12 How many oranges can I eat a day?
- 13 How can I get vitamin C naturally?
- 14 In which products Vitamin C is found?
- 15 Does tomato have vitamin C?
Which citrus fruit has the most vitamin C science fair project?
The royal blue colored corn starch-iodine solution does work as a vitamin C indicator as suggested by the science experiment book. Orange and lemon are high in vitamin C concentration amongst the citrus fruits tested in this experiment.
Which orange juice has the most vitamin C science fair project?
Minute Maid Original contained the most vitamin C. Bolthouse Farms came in second followed closely by Springfield High Pulp, Minute Maid Country Style, Fresh Navel Del Monte, Tropicana Concentrate, Fresh Navel Victor, Springfield No Pulp, and then came Tropicana Pure No Pulp.
Which fruit has the most vitamin C per 100g?
10 foods high in vitamin C
- Strawberries – 47mg per 80g serving (7 medium strawberries) or 57mg per 100g.
- Papaya – 94mg per 80g serving (½ small papaya) or 60mg per 100g.
- Broccoli (raw) – 63mg per 80g serving (cupped handful) or 79mg per 100g.
- Kale (cooked) – 57mg per 80g serving (one handful) or 71mg per 100g.
Which fruit of tree is rich in vitamin C?
Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, lemons and limes are all good sources of Vitamin C. One medium sized orange contains as much as 70 mg Vitamin C. Orange juice is also a great diet fruit juice as one 100 gm serving contains just 45 calories and 93 mg of Vitamin C!
Which juice has most vitamin C?
Of the 17 samples analyzed, the one with the highest vitamin C content was an apple juice (840 mg/l), more than the orange juices (352-739 mg/l). The results for the pineapple and grape juices were 702 mg/l and between 30.2 and 261 mg/l for the soft drinks (orange, lemon and apple).
How can I test my vitamin C at home?
Take a small (known) amount – 50 mL for example – of the vitamin C solution and add five drops of starch indicator. To your mixture of vitamin C and starch indicator, add drops of iodine, carefully counting the drops, until the solution develops a blue-black colour that does not disappear on stirring.
Do oranges lose their vitamin C project?
Oranges do end up losing vitamin C because they stop receving the nutrients they need when picked up.
Is vitamin C a weak acid?
Chemical structure of vitamin C [ 6 ]. The chemical structure of ascorbic acid determines its physical and chemical properties. It is a weak, water soluble, unstable organic acid which can be easily oxidized or destroyed in light, aerobic condition (oxygen), high temperature, alkali, humidity, copper and heavy metals.
How do you calculate vitamin C?
Calculation. For standard solution Mass Ascorbic acid = Mole iodine × Volume of iodine × 176.12 = 0.00231 × 45 × 176.12 = 91.54 mg Initially, the amount of Ascorbic acid was taken for 100mg and therefore for total amount of ascorbic acid i.e. 250 mg the ratio stands out to be 2.5 (250/100).
What type of vitamin C is best?
Here, the best vitamin C supplements:
- Best Overall: Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C.
- Best Organic: Garden of Life Vitamin C with Amla.
- Best Capsule: Solgar Vitamin C 1000 mg.
- Best Gummy: NOW Chewable Vitamin C-500.
- Best Boosted: Pure Encapsulations Essential-C & Flavonoids.
- Best Tasting: MegaFood C Defense Gummies.
What fruit has more vitamin C than oranges?
1. Kakadu Plums. The Kakadu plum (Terminalia ferdinandiana) is an Australian native superfood containing 100 times more vitamin C than oranges. It has the highest known concentration of vitamin C, containing up to 5,300 mg per 100 grams.
How many oranges can I eat a day?
It’s best to limit yourself to no more than 8 ounces (240 ml) per day. Even better, if you can, opt for whole oranges over juice whenever possible.
How can I get vitamin C naturally?
Best food sources of vitamin C Citrus fruits such as orange, kiwi, lemon, guava, grapefruit, and vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts and capsicums are rich, natural sources of vitamin C. Other vitamin C-rich fruits include papaya, cantaloupe and strawberries.
In which products Vitamin C is found?
Good sources of vitamin C
- citrus fruit, such as oranges and orange juice.
- brussels sprouts.
Does tomato have vitamin C?
Tomatoes contain all three high-powered antioxidants:beta-carotene (which has vitamin A activity in the body), vitamin E, and vitamin C. A U.S. Department of Agriculture report, What We Eat in America, noted that a third or us get too little vitamin C and almost half get too little vitamin A.