- 1 What does engulfed mean in biology?
- 2 How do you use engulf in a sentence?
- 3 What does engulf mean synonym?
- 4 What are three synonyms for engulf?
- 5 What overpowering means?
- 6 What does Induate mean?
- 7 What does it mean if you’re engulfed by darkness?
- 8 What does shadow engulfed him mean?
- 9 What can you be engulfed in?
- 10 What does rankle definition?
- 11 What is the synonym of consumed?
- 12 What is the synonyms of tribulation?
- 13 What is the synonym of submerge?
- 14 Is to agree to something or to give in?
What does engulfed mean in biology?
The process of engulfing and ingestion of particles by the cell or a phagocyte (e.g. macrophage) to form a phagosome (or food vacuole), which in turn fuse with lysosome and become phagolysosome where the engulfed material is eventually digested or degraded and either released extracellularly via exocytosis, or released
How do you use engulf in a sentence?
Engulfed sentence example
- For a moment a pang of homesickness engulfed her.
- His big hand engulfed hers gently, yet his grip was strong.
- The lights flickered and then darkness engulfed the cabin.
- Darkness engulfed me as I felt his foot kick my side repeatedly.
- He sighed contentedly as her warmth engulfed him.
What does engulf mean synonym?
In this page you can discover 36 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for engulf, like: inundate, swallow-up, overwhelm, consume, submerge, bury, deluge, whelm, drown, flood and swallow.
What are three synonyms for engulf?
synonyms for engulf
What overpowering means?
transitive verb. 1: to overcome by superior force: subdue. 2: to affect with overwhelming intensity the stench overpowered us. 3: to provide with more power than is needed or desirable a dangerously overpowered car.
What does Induate mean?
: to cause (someone or something) to receive or take in a large amount of things at the same time.: to cover (something) with a flood of water: flood. See the full definition for inundate in the English Language Learners Dictionary. inundate.
What does it mean if you’re engulfed by darkness?
darkness Add to list Share. The complete (or partial) absence of light is darkness. If you’ve ever lost power in your house during a nighttime storm, you know what it’s like to be suddenly engulfed in darkness.
What does shadow engulfed him mean?
A position that somebody is holding. 2. He was swallowed by the shadows/they covered him completely.
What can you be engulfed in?
Engulf is a verb that means being completely surrounded, soaked, or covered. Fire, snow, smoke, flood waters, or even violence are a few things that could engulf you.
What does rankle definition?
1: to cause anger, irritation, or deep bitterness. 2: to feel anger and irritation. transitive verb.: to cause irritation or bitterness in. Synonyms The Connection Between Rankle and Dragon Example Sentences Learn More About rankle.
What is the synonym of consumed?
1’great plates of cakes were consumed with gusto’ eat, eat up, devour, ingest, swallow, gobble, gobble up, wolf down, gorge oneself on, feast on. munch, snack on. drink, drink up, guzzle, gulp, gulp down, swill, imbibe, take, sup, sip, lap.
What is the synonyms of tribulation?
In this page you can discover 29 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for tribulation, like: affliction, distress, trial, suffering, adversity, hardship, agony, grief, anguish, misery and pain.
What is the synonym of submerge?
immerse, dip, plunge, duck, dunk, sink. 3’when the farmland was submerged many sheep were lost’ flood, inundate, deluge, engulf, swamp, immerse, drown.
Is to agree to something or to give in?
To acquiesce is to agree to something or to give in.